Family Programs Supervisor - Seasonal Fall/Winter - (Room & Board Included)
Develop, market and implement family programs for the guests of Snow Mountain Ranch, which support the goals of the YMCA, and assist with other Program Department functions.
Essential Functions / Requirements:1. Develop programs that will include educational, recreational/sports, musical, artistic and fun.2. Certification in First Aid and CPR; certifications must be current.3. Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.4. Possess outstanding public speaking and presentation skills.5. Ability to work in a positive manner with a variety of age groups.6. Create programs appropriate for guests of all ages, including children, seniors, and family reunions.7. Ability to organize program development and presentation.8. Ability to communicate program needs to Program Director and other Snow Mountain Ranch departments.9. Ability to work and move in a variety of environments, including indoors, outdoors, and possibly over rough terrain.10. Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.11. Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.12. Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.13. Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:1. Assist with daily operations of the Program Building and other program areas.2. Coordinate sign-up for programs.3. Ability to train peers.4. Maintain participation records for all family programs.5. Evaluate programs offered and make recommendations for future family programs.6. Guitar skills are helpful.7. Certification in Lifeguarding is helpful.8. Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.9. Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.10. Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.11. All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $270/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.
Job Status: Seasonal