Job Title: Reservations Agent - EXO Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: 03/23/2021
Reports to: Family Reservations Manager
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 225,000 guests annually. The Reservations Agent is primarily responsible for making reservations for individuals & families at both Estes Park Center (EPC) and Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR).
Required Position Dates: May 17, 2021-October 8, 2021
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Make lodging reservations for individuals, families and members/attendees of conference groups and family reunions, by telephone, in person and through the mail for EPC and SMR.
* Monitor and modify reservations in order to avoid mid-stay room moves (transfers), to accommodate guest requests and to maximize cabin and lodge room revenue.
* Maintain a broad knowledge of the YMCA of the Rockies: EPC and SMR, personnel, programs, policies and procedures.
* Provide general and reservation information and answer questions by telephone, in person and through email correspondence.
* Maintain contact with the Housekeeping, Buildings and Grounds and Guest Registration departments regarding cabin and lodge room problems and special needs/requests of guests.
* Relieve at EXO Switchboard/Reception Desk as needed.
* Communicate clearly, visually and orally, and be fluent in speaking, writing and reading in English.
* Have good typing, data input, and telephone skills, including salesmanship.
* Travel to and work at each facility as required by Family Reservations Manager.
* Work weekends, holidays, evenings and a variety of hours as required by demands of season and/or vacation/sick schedules of department.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* High School diploma or equivalent and 2 to 4 years of office experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
* Bilingual, Spanish preferred.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to lift, bend, and squat when filing and accessing supplies. Ability to sit at a desk for long periods, up to 8 hours. Ability to use a telephone, computer, keyboard, copy machine in a non-air-conditioned office.
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* ?? Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.