Family Reservations Agent - Year Round
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 225,000 annually. The Family Reservations Agent is primarily responsible for making reservations for individuals & families at both Estes Park Center (EPC) and Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR).
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Make lodging reservations for individuals, families, and members/attendees of conference groups and family reunions, by telephone, in person, and through the mail for EPC and SMR.
- Monitor and modify reservations to avoid mid-stay room moves (transfers), accommodate guest requests, and maximize cabin and lodge room revenue.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of the YMCA of the Rockies: EPC and SMR, personnel, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Provide general and reservation information and answer questions by telephone, in person, and through email correspondence.
- Maintain contact with the Housekeeping, Buildings and Grounds, and Guest Registration departments regarding cabin and lodge room problems and special needs/requests of guests.
- Relieve at EXO Switchboard/Reception Desk as needed.
- Communicate, visually and orally, and be fluent in speaking, writing, and reading in English.
- Have good typing, data input, and telephone skills, including salesmanship.
- Travel to and work at each facility as required by Family Reservations Manager.
- Work weekends, holidays, evenings, and a variety of hours as required by demands of the season and/or vacation/sick schedules of the department.
- Possess the stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- 2 to 4 years of office experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Experience or training in guest service, customer contact, telephone sales/service
- Comfortable with learning and using several unique computer software packages
- Must support and model the Association service principles and service standards
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift, bend, and squat when filing and accessing supplies.
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods, up to 8 hours.
- Ability to use a telephone, computer, keyboard, or copy machine in a non-air-conditioned office.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.