Family Reservations Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates two mission-based family and group conference and retreat centers, serving more than 225,000 guests annually. The Family Reservations Manager is primarily responsible for leading and managing the Central Reservations Office The primary role of the Family Reservations Manager is to increase occupancies at each center through optimization of family reservation demand.
The Family Reservations department (CRO) is responsible for booking individual reservations at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch. The CRO is responsible for managing the donor and member priority reservation systems and frequently assists in booking reservations into group blocks. The CRO revenue budget is in excess of $11 Million annually.
The Family Reservation Manager will oversee the room reservations staff to ensure maximum satisfaction. ,
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
Essential Job Functions / Requirements:
- Lead and direct Central Reservations Office - a group of 5 year-round family reservations agents, one or two seasonal reservation agents, and the Executive Office Receptionist.
- Hire, train, schedule, evaluate and provide training to all reservation agents and assist to resolve issues
- Collaborate with Group Sales, Room Inventory Team, Online Travel Agents and Marketing too ensure compliance to all revenue management guidelines and to execute marketing plans and promotions.
- Forecast regular room bookings and design promotional programs to increase the sales of un-booked rooms.
- Oversee reservation agent productivity reports and ensure maximum productivity among reservationists work with the Assistant Reservation Agent on daily analytical reports.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of services and facilities available at both Centers and require reservations agents to do same;
- Develop and maintain advanced user level knowledge of Maestro Property Management System (reservations system) and basic knowledge of Raisers Edge member database;
- Maintain records and communicate information as necessary for administration of reservation priority systems;
- Provide tools and opportunities for self and team members to develop skills essential to success in position.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships within the team and supporting departments;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills while working with internal/external customers by phone, email and in person.
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and multiple priorities simultaneously
- Must be able to work at a computer workstation for extended periods of time, usually 6 or more hours daily.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Three or more years in hotel or resort operations, telephone sales, or call center operations
- Desire to promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving work culture at all times.
- Possess strong math aptitude skills.
- Must support and model the Association service principles and service standards
- Ability and willingness to work any day of the week, varied shifts, 40 or more hours per week, as dictated by the demands of business;
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position functions in an office environment, with a designated private office.
- Human interaction is approximately 50% via phone and 50% in person
- Tools of the job involve computer, keyboard, and telephone.
- This position requires extended periods of computer and phone work, with limited ability to move around other than at designated break and meal periods.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.