Filth Fighter (Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant) – Seasonal - (Room & Board Included!)
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Director
Filth Fighters are to clean guest cabins, lodge rooms and lobbies, and provide a positive guest experience, and working in the commercial laundry facility. Please note the terms of employment for this position: Minimum requirement for a seasonal position with room & board is a 2 month commitment. Must be at least 18 years old to live on-grounds.
Essential functions are to clean guest cabins, lodge rooms and lobbies, and provide a positive guest experience.
- Working as a team to clean lodges and cabin rooms, including:
- vacuuming carpet
- stripping bed linens
- making beds
- washing windows
- cleaning toilets
- sinks and showers
- emptying trash
- mopping and sweeping floors
- cleaning ovens
The essential responsibility of this position is working in the commercial laundry facility.
- Sorting, cleaning, drying and folding linen
- Packaging linen bundles for distribution and assisting in transporting linens
Qualifications for Housekeeping/Laundry Attendant:
- Must be able to stand for the duration of your shift
- Must be able to carry 30 lbs. up and down stairs
- May need to move furniture and appliances up to 150 lbs. with another person
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Staff shirts provided. Black or khaki pants or knee length shorts required (no short shorts). Closed toe shoes required. NO jeans of any color, stretch/yoga pants. Highly recommended for winter months (Oct-May): Layered wind/water resistant jackets, water resistant shoes/boots with good traction.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic caf, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Filth Fighter (Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant) - Seasonal - (Room & Board Included!)
Estes Park Center
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Seasonal