Food Service Director
Snow Mountain Ranch - Granby, CO
$71,326.00 - $84,700.00 Salary
Restaurant - Food Service
The Food Service Director is responsible for the management of all food service functions at Snow Mountain Ranch to include the Schlessman Commons Dining Hall, Buckboard Grill, Skinny Ski Café, Camp Chief Ouray summer camp, and catered weddings and events. The Food Service Director’s key duties are planning, purchasing, staffing and scheduling, food preparation, menu development, and guest relations. The Director is responsible for compliance with all federal, state, and county health regulations.
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Hire, train, and supervise a competent workforce of Food Service staff. Recommend trainings, promotions, terminations, and salary adjustments for Food Service staff and set performance standards.
- Ensure all Food Service areas meet local, state, and federal safety and health guidelines
- Conduct performance evaluations for Food Service staff in accordance with YMCA of the Rockies expectations.
- Support an engaged staff team and be a resource for staff.
- Purchase all food and supplies necessary for effective Food Service operations and update budget forecasts monthly.
- Plan meals and deliveries to ensure the best utilization of staff, facilities, and other resources to meet guests’ needs. Establish and enforce quality control system to ensure delicious and nutritious meals for guests and staff.
- Operate within an approved budget by using efficient buying methods, effective scheduling, and develop and propose budgets for current operations and capital projects.
- Maintain a positive atmosphere for staff, guests, vendors and others who do business with the YMCA.
- Report to center directors about major projects and needs of the department.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies’ Mission Statement.
- Be a role model of YMCA values.
- Be an active contributor at department head meetings and support the association as necessary.
- A minimum of 3 years leadership experience in a high-volume food services environment
- The ability to stand for long periods of time
- Food Safety Manager Certification
- Experience with staff scheduling and food and supply purchasing
- The ability to work with a diverse team of individuals and create and maintain training programs for all aspects of Food Service
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- All other duties as assigned
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski and golf passes to nearby resorts & courses
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time