Food Service - Staff
*Based on Center needs, you will be required to work at both Estes Park Center & Snow Mountain Ranch*
Job Title: Food Service - Staff Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Reports to: Dining Room Supervisor
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide our guests with a world-renowned experience.
The Food Service Worker is responsible for providing guests with a positive dining experience. Employees rotate daily through a variety of specific duties as described below.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Essential Job Functions / Requirements:
* Maintain a positive and professional attitude toward guests and staff
* Maintain sanitary work and dining areas, which exceed state health standards
* Operate commercial food service equipment (i.e. dishwasher, slicer, and mixer)
* Assist with meal preparation.
* Keep service lines clean and fully stocked with food and supplies (plates, cups, etc.)
* Clean dining tables
* Wash dishes
* Vacuum carpets, sweep and mop floors
* Clean bathrooms
* Able to stand for eight hours on concrete floors
* Lift 35 pounds up to 36" off the ground
* Able to understand instructions in English
Other Functions / Requirements:
* Check and sell meal guest tickets at the "check stand"
* Operate cash register and balance cash box
* All other duties as assigned
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.