Food Service - Staff
*Incentives* Discounted room & board packages, single rooms, appreciation fund payout, and increased hourly wage for off-grounds staff from $12 to $15!
*Based on Center needs, you may be required to work at both Estes Park Center & Snow Mountain Ranch*
Between now and September 30, 2020, we are cutting our room & board fees in half! Because your safety is important to us, we are offering single rooms to all seasonal employees and volunteers who elect to live on-grounds with us. Cleaning materials for dormitories will be provided by the Resident Life and Human Resources Office, and masks will be required inside all public places. We are also increasing our minimum wage to those living off-grounds from $12 to $15! Join us this season to earn the fall rewards or extend into the winter season and experience the priceless perks of working in the Rockies!
Job Title: Food Service - Staff Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Reports to: Dining Room Supervisor
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide our guests with a world-renowned experience.
The Food Service Worker is responsible for providing guests with a positive dining experience. Employees rotate daily through a variety of specific duties as described below.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Essential Job Functions / Requirements:
* Maintain a positive and professional attitude toward guests and staff
* Maintain sanitary work and dining areas, which exceed state health standards
* Operate commercial food service equipment (i.e. dishwasher, slicer, and mixer)
* Assist with meal preparation.
* Keep service lines clean and fully stocked with food and supplies (plates, cups, etc.)
* Clean dining tables
* Wash dishes
* Vacuum carpets, sweep and mop floors
* Clean bathrooms
* Able to stand for eight hours on concrete floors
* Lift 35 pounds up to 36" off the ground
* Able to understand instructions in English
What we offer our Food Service Staff:
This is a seasonal position with a pay rate of $12.00/hour for on grounds (based on 40 hours/week) position including:
- Room & Board Agreements
- Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
- Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Other Functions / Requirements:
* Check and sell meal guest tickets at the "check stand"
* Operate cash register and balance cash box
* All other duties as assigned
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.