Food Service - Staff
POSITION SUMMARY: The Food Service Worker is responsible for providing guests with a positive dining experience. Employees rotate daily through a variety of specific duties as described below.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude toward guests and staff
- Maintain sanitary work and dining areas, which exceed state health standards
- Operate commercial food service equipment (i.e. dishwasher, slicer, and mixer)
- Assist with meal preparation.
- Keep service lines clean and fully stocked with food and supplies (plates, cups, etc.)
- Clean dining tables
- Wash dishes
- Vacuum carpets, sweep and mop floors
- Clean bathrooms
- Able to stand for eight hours on concrete floors
- Lift 35 pounds up to 36" off the ground
- Able to understand instructions in English
- Check and sell meal guest tickets at the "check stand"
- Operate cash register and balance cash box
- All other duties as assigned
GENERAL YMCA REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.