SEASONAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Snow Mountain Ranch, YMCA of the Rockies
Job Title: Guest Registration Attendant
Employee Classification: Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Guest Registration Manager
Position Start Dates:
Dates for Fall: Starting August 1st 4-6 month work agreement
Dates for Winter starting October 1st 4-6 month work agreement
Position Summary: Ensure the satisfaction of all potential and actual guests over the telephone and in person. Account for all income during assigned shift.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
* High school diploma or GED equivalence is required.
* Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
* Possess the ability to respond to problems, concerns and emergencies in a calm, professional manner.
* Possess outstanding telephone skills, including salesmanship.
* Operate a computer, adding machine, base radio system and telephone switchboard.
* Check guests in and out of accommodations using computer based system.
* Work effectively in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions, distractions and deadlines.
* Lift 50 lbs. up to 36" above the ground.
* Able to stand for an 8 hour shift on hard floors.
* Accurately account for income during assigned shifts.
* Appropriately handle emergency situations and ability to problem-solve guest and staff issues.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule with rotating shifts.
Other Functions / Requirements:
* Previous hotel (or related field) experience and/or education preferred.
* Clerical experience preferred.
* Learn Income Audit responsibilities and be able to work those shifts when scheduled.
* Learn Night Audit responsibilities and be able to work those shifts when required.
* Ability to perform general office cleaning.
* Assist guests with transporting their luggage.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
* Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.