Front Desk - Staff
POSITION SUMMARY: Ensure the satisfaction of all potential and actual guests over the telephone and in person. Account for all income during assigned shift.
OUR CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
Essential Job Functions / Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalence is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Possess the ability to respond to problems, concerns and emergencies in a calm, professional manner.
- Possess outstanding telephone skills, including salesmanship.
- Operate a computer, adding machine, base radio system and telephone switchboard.
- Check guests in and out of accommodations using computer based system.
- Work effectively in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions, distractions and deadlines.
- Lift 50 lbs. up to 36" above the ground.
- Able to stand for an 8 hour shift on hard floors.
- Accurately account for income during assigned shifts.
- Appropriately handle emergency situations and ability to problem-solve guest and staff issues.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with rotating shifts.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Previous hotel (or related field) experience and/or education preferred.
- Clerical experience preferred.
- Learn Income Audit responsibilities and be able to work those shifts when scheduled.
- Learn Night Audit responsibilities and be able to work those shifts when required.
- Ability to perform general office cleaning.
- Assist guests with transporting their luggage.
- All other duties as assigned.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.