Front Desk Supervisor/Relief Night Auditor-Seasonal
Duties include the supervision of Guest Service attendants and volunteer staff, switchboard operations, front desk operations, income audit procedures, and night audit transactions. Duties also extend to Night Audit which includes daily computation and validation of the revenue figures and statistics.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Assume leadership responsibilities for the Front Desk, promoting at all times a problem-solving atmosphere and effective communication
- Train and supervise Guest Service staff with various shift duties
- Deal with emergency situations and upset or dissatisfied guests
- Update and develop departments’ training information and programs
- Ability to operate Maestro Property Management System and associated credit card batching functionality
- Completing a daily audit that includes such things as counting operational cash, making the deposit, confirming the accuracy of checks that have been posted and running day end reports
- Operational knowledge of the two-way radios and the switchboard, including correct telephone etiquette and taking of guest and staff requests
- Monitor guest no-show, check-in, and checkout procedures including the proper handling of guest reservations and cancellations as well as completing month-end and year-end audit reports
- Appropriate and timely handling of emergencies
- Produce necessary reports to support the front desk, conference and guest needs for the next day
- Operation of office and postage equipment
- Ability to consistently work the overnight shift at the front desk and to work independently
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies Safety Program. Promote a safe work environment for guests and staff
- Needs to have excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions, and the YMCA of the Rockies Mission and Policies.
- Be assigned to on-call schedule for problems, emergencies, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
This is a seasonal, hourly position (based on a flexible 4 day/10 hour shift). The pay is $14.00 an hour. In addition to the hourly wage, this position offers additional employee benefits including:
- 1 meal provided per shift
- Other employee perks and discounts, including: Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address. Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay: up to $14/hour
The pay is $14.00 an hour
Job Status: Seasonal