Job Title: Front Desk Supervisor - Estes Park Center Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 11/2019
Reports to: Estes Park Center Assistant General Manager
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 for EPC annually. The Front Desk Supervisor assists the Guest Registration Managers with overseeing and supervision the daily functions of the Registration Desk and with the training of all Front Desk staff.
Hourly Pay Rate: $15.00
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Prior guest registration desk/hotel experience and education preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer skills required
* Able to work morning, afternoon and/or evening work shifts as well as weekends and holidays
* Proficient at using and teaching others to use our Property Management System for all guest services such as looking-up availability, creating and modifying reservations, checking guests in and out, collecting payments, etc.
* Exceptional interaction with guests and staff in a manner that promotes warmth, friendliness and the highest customer service standards of the Estes Park Center
* Answer a variety of general questions related to the YMCA of the Rockies and surrounding area
* Assist Guest Registration Managers with quality control of all guest check-ins, check-outs and all financial transactions and accounting procedures
* Develop and maintain a good general knowledge of YMCA facilities, departments and services
* Proficient at operating the YMCA switchboard, business radio and paging system
* Provide exceptional training of Guest Registration seasonal staff (Front Desk and Switchboard)
* Develop and maintain good awareness of all policies, procedures and protocols related to the Guest Registrations Department
* Able to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions in a busy and noisy environment
* Fill-in for Guest Registration Mangers when they are temporarily out of the office
* Able to use office machines proficiently, including adding machines, copier/scanner/fax, business phones, key encoders and computers
* Actively support the YMCA of the Rockies International Trainee Program
* Support other departments and managers as needed, in cooperation with Guest Registration Mangers.
* Preference for Hospitality Management or Business Administration experience and/or education
* Minimum of one year of guest service/supervisory experience
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Ability to lift 30 pounds to a 4 foot height.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must be able to climb stairs, kneel, stoop and bend
* Must be able to stand for periods in excess of two hours
* Must be able to function in loud and hectic environments
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.