Position Summary: Detailed job knowledge of all guest service operations including individual family and group process. Duties include the supervision of Guest Service Attendants and Volunteer Staff, front desk operations, switchboard operations, and income audit procedures.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Minimum two years of college in business, hotel management or related field experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Work with, train and supervise Guest Service staff; understand various shift duties
- Cover Front Desk AM & PM shifts when required.
- Must have the ability to work weekends, nights and holidays.
- Must also have the ability to rotate shifts and fill in for staff when needed.
- Professionally deal with emergency situations.
- Work with upset or dissatisfied guests, solving any issues that arise.
- Ability to operate the Association’s computer system, the Maestro reservation system, radio and PBX System and general office equipment.
- Complete an audit that includes, but is not limited to, counting departmental cash boxes, handling large sums of revenue, and making nightly deposits. Confirm the accuracy of the income that has been deposited and run end of day reports. Process petty cash and various payroll transactions.
- Fill in for the Night Auditor’s role whenever required if the Night Audit Relief is unavailable.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies Safety Program. Promote a safe work environment for guests, members and staff.
- Make sure all Front Desk Staff are supervised to ensure that guests have an enjoyable experience. Needs to have excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Work with the Guest Registration Manager to update and develop various training information and programs for the Guest Service Department.
- Assist and contribute to employee training programs such as the International Training Program (ITP), Navigators, TREK Program, Leadership Training Program (LTP), Focus Program and work with the volunteer staff in the Guest Service department.
- Assume responsibility and delegate authority to co-workers when management is absent.
- Daily communication with the Guest Registration Manager.
- Assume on-call responsibilities when assigned.
- Attend scheduled management meetings and other property meetings as needed.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions, and the YMCA of the Rockies Mission and Policies.
- Encourage a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Be a mentor for all staff.
- Ability to work with others in a diverse environment.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round position paying$14.50-$15.50/hr BOE with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance (shared premium)
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, library, and an art center
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy) and various local restaurants
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.