GAP Program Facilitator - GAP PROGRAMS
YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center
Job Title: Gap Program Facilitator Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal
Leadership Position: Team Leader
Reports to: Gap Program Supervisor Revision Date: 06/22/2018
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
The Gap Program facilitator develops a progressive and engaging community with the gap program students through activities, social media communication, curriculum, and interpersonal relationships that will help the gap program participants build health spirits, minds, and bodies.
* Possess stamina to engage in physical activities on a weekly basis
* Ability to work collaboratively with team of Gap Program Facilitators to create dynamic programming for participants
* Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the program and participants
* Possess aptitude in developing relationships with participants
* Possess proficient computer skills
* Possess excellent, clear written and verbal communication skills
* Be at least 21 years of age
* Possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
* Ability to drive participants in a 14 passenger mini-bus for activity days on mountain roads and in city traffic
* Assist with the scheduling of and facilitation of evening and daytime activities that will build ambassadorship values among gap program participants
* Assist in posting engaging weekly updates/communication on social media outlets
* Assist with administrative tasks such as tracking participant work hours and attendance, scheduling work rotations, compiling and evaluating feedback, evaluating program performance, etc.
* Assist with facilitating activities, work projects and retreats
* Assist with communicating with and setting up interviews for future participants
* Ability to develop curriculum and facilitate workshops on various topics of interest preferred, but not mandatory
* Certification in WFA or WFR preferred, but not mandatory
Other Functions / Requirements:
* All other duties as assigned
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Seasonal