Gap Program Facilitator - Seasonal Fall 2019 August 8th - Dec. 6th (Room & Board provided)
The Gap Program facilitator develops a progressive and engaging community with the gap program students through activities, social media communication, curriculum, and interpersonal relationships that will help the gap program participants build health spirits, minds, and bodies.
- Possess stamina to engage in physical activities on a weekly basis
- Ability to work collaboratively with team of Gap Program Facilitators to create dynamic programming for participants
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the program and participants
- Possess aptitude in developing relationships with participants
- Possess proficient computer skills
- Possess excellent, clear written and verbal communication skills
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
- Ability to drive participants in a 14 passenger mini-bus for activity days on mountain roads and in city traffic
- Assist with the scheduling of and facilitation of evening and daytime activities that will build ambassadorship values among gap program participants
- Assist in posting engaging weekly updates/communication on social media outlets
- Assist with administrative tasks such as tracking participant work hours and attendance, scheduling work rotations, compiling and evaluating feedback, evaluating program performance, etc.
- Assist with facilitating activities, work projects and retreats
- Assist with communicating with and setting up interviews for future participants
- Ability to develop curriculum and facilitate workshops on various topics of interest preferred, but not mandatory
- Certification in WFA or WFR preferred, but not mandatory
Other Functions / Requirements:
- When not assigned to gap projects/classes fulfill the role of Resident assistants (see Resident assistant job description)
- All other duties as assigned
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, $6.25 hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Title: Resident Assistant
The Resident Assistant reports to the Housing Coordinator in the maintaining of a safe, clean and comfortable housing facilities for all staff housed on-grounds.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Speak and write English fluently
- Work varied hours and handle frequent interruptions as dictated by supervisor or staff needs
- Work responsibly without direct supervision and have strong organizational skills
- Possess an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters
- Ability to handle unpleasant situations with professionalism and tact
- Maintain professional and unbiased relationships with all staff members
- Ability to carry up to 40 lbs. up and down stairs, walk or run over uneven terrain, climb stairs frequently and walk around staff housing regularly.
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
- Prepare for incoming and departing staff
- Clearly communicate and follow all Snow Mountain Ranch housing policies
- Enforce staff policies to maintain order with all age groups of staff
- Keep supply closets stocked and organized.
- Help maintain general cleaning schedule for residents and make sure housing facilities are in working order
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds up 3 flights of stairs and comfortably move throughout all housing facilities.
- Other duties as assigned. During busy seasons, employees may have to work in House Keeping or Food Service to maintain efficient operations throughout the property
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revised 2 2019
Job Status: Seasonal