General Store Clerk - Seasonal (Part-Time Off-Grounds)
The General Store Clerk generates General Store sales by providing point of sale and guest satisfaction.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude toward guest and staff, with a high emphasis on guest satisfaction and quality control
- Be able to stand in one place for lengthy periods of time
- Be able to read and speak English to understand use of chemicals and avoid hazardous work environment
- Be able to work rotating shifts, including early mornings and late evenings including holidays and weekends
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles. [for approved drivers only]
- Ability to operate a POS system, credit card processing machine, and cash handling experience
- Follow grooming standards as outlined in Seasonal Staff Handbook, in addition; hair must be contained, closed toed shoes and uniform must be worn
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and lift up to 36 inches off the ground
- Cross training in Guest Registration to provide support as needed
- Follow and understand training as provided for each area
- Maintain cleanliness in all work areas
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Two uniform polo shirts will be provided for you. You need to provide/wear your own comfortable, closed-toe shoes and black pants. Sweatpants or yoga type pants will not be permitted.
This is a part-time (based on 24-28 hours/week), off-grounds, position, paying $10.20/hr, with employee perks including:
- Board (1 buffet-style lunch per 5 hours of work)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Status: Part Time