YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center
Job Description - Retail Sales Clerk - Volunteer
Job Title: Retail Sales Clerk - Volunteer Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Volunteer Reports to: Store Manager
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world.
At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of
individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
Greet and assist customers in a friendly and professional manner at all times.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Spring/Summer 2020
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Retail Sales Clerk Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Must enjoy meeting and helping customers on a daily basis
* Must be able to stand in one place for lengthy periods of time
* Must be able to read English to understand use of chemicals and avoid hazardous situations
* Must be able to work rotating shifts, including early mornings and late evenings including holidays and weekends
* Must be able to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment
* Sells merchandise to customers, accurately operates POS system and credit card machine
* Collects money, makes change and balances cash drawer
* Stocks shelves with merchandise, daily lifting up to 25 pounds to table height
* Dusts, cleans display cases and windows with chemical cleaners
Other Functions / Requirements:
* All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Note: Volunteers are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.