Gift Shop Manager - Seasonal
Position Summary: The Gift Shop Manager is responsible for providing a high level of service to Snow Mountain Ranch guests and staff. The Gift Shop Manager trains, supervises and guides all gift shop employees & volunteers. This individual is responsible for correct cash procedures, a clean shop and a well-merchandised sales floor.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Demonstrate an ability to read, write and speak English.
- Possess a positive attitude towards serving guests and supervising staff.
- Train all new Gift Shop employees & volunteers.
- Make weekly work schedules.
- Complete and review mid and end of season evaluations with Gift Shop employees & volunteers.
- Responsible for pricing procedures on incoming merchandise.
- Perform and/or oversee daily inventory.
- Maintain appropriate levels of inventory by assisting the Guest Services Director in ordering and re-ordering merchandise.
- Monitor daily income reports.
- Communicate job performance concerns with the Guest Services Director.
- Operate the cash register, telephone and credit card machine.
- Clean facilities and equipment. Maintain a neat and well-organized work area.
- Restock merchandise on a regular basis.
- Maintain an accurate and balanced "Daily Income Report."
- Maintain accurate accountability of money in cash box and register. Able to count back change to customers.
- Complete opening and closing procedures as scheduled.
- Take initiative and motivate others to find things to do during slow times.
- Operate commercial popcorn popper & coffee cart.
- Be able to move throughout the Gift Shop for an eight-hour shift.
- Perform basic math functions with calculator.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Participate in annual inventory (early January).
- Communicate maintenance needs to B&G.
- Move merchandise from attic storage to Gift Shop as needed.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $260/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.
Job Status: Seasonal