Grounds Maintenance Worker - Seasonal
The Grounds Maintenance Worker assists with the Grounds upkeep, beautification, and improvement of the Estes Park Center grounds.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Good time management skills
- Knowledge of planting and caring for flowers, trees, shrubs and grass required
- Safe operation of hand and power tools common to the grounds maintenance field required
- Experience using small power and hand tools and equipment including lawn tractors and mowers, weed eaters, and chainsaws
- The ability to read and follow sketches and diagrams in English
- Be a quick learner
- Experience using tractors, skid steer loaders, and backhoes preferred but not required
- Physical effort required for extended periods of time
- Occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 100 pounds
- Works mainly outdoors in all weather conditions
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Upkeep of existing improved areas and improvements on new areas
- Maintain roads, ditches, and culverts year-round
- Operate and maintain underground sprinkler systems
- Plant and care for flowers, trees, shrubs and grass as assigned by the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor
- Work on various other tasks outside the grounds maintenance field during the off-season as required by the Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds
- Recommend actions to be taken to improve and effectively maintain the grounds of the Estes Park Center to the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor
- Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff
- All other duties as assigned
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other departments and/or our other center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Two uniform polo shirts will be provided for you. You need to provide/wear your own comfortable, closed-toe shoes and black pants. Sweatpants or yoga type pants will not be permitted.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Job Status: Full Time