Grounds Maintenance Worker
- The Grounds Maintenance Worker assists the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor in the upkeep, beautification and improvement of the Estes Park Center grounds
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Have good time management skills.
- Read and follow sketches and diagrams in English.
- Be a quick learner.
- Works mainly outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Physical effort required for extended periods of time.
- Occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 100 pounds
- Knowledge of planting and caring for flowers, trees, shrubs and grass required.
- Safe operation of hand and power tools common to the grounds maintenance field required.
- Have experience using small power and hand tools and equipment including lawn tractors and mowers, weed eaters, and chain saws.
- Experience using tractors, skid steer loaders, and backhoes
- Upkeep of existing improved areas and improvements on new areas.
- Trash services including recycling, and litter pick-up.
- Maintain roads, ditches and culverts year-round; such as snow removal or other repairs/replacement if required.
- Operate and maintain underground sprinkler systems.
- Plant and care for flowers, trees, shrubs and grass as assigned by the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor.
- Work on various other tasks outside the grounds maintenance field during the off-season as required by the Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds.
- Work cooperatively and completing projects with seasonal crews.
- Recommend actions to be taken to improve and effectively maintain the grounds of the Estes Park Center to the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- All other duties as assigned
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round, hourly paying $14-16.50/hour with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Grounds Maintenance Worker
Estes Park Center
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time