Job Title: Group Sales Representative - SMR Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 7/2018
Reports to: Group Sales Director
Leadership Level: Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 225,000 guests annually. The Group Sales Representative is primarily responsible for producing large amounts of group revenue business, by meeting and assisting group leaders and guests in person, by phone and through email; while representing YMCA of the Rockies in a positive and professional way.
Pay Range: $14.00/hour-$16.00/hour
Based at Snow Mountain Ranch
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Systematically maintain top accounts assigned for given market segment, building relationships with group leaders and ensuring consistent rebooking.
* Research, contact, and book new group business within assigned market segment (market segment to be determined by the Group Sales Director).
* Maintain high level of knowledge of services and facilities available at EPC and SMR and lead site tours at both centers as needed to build new business.
* Develop and work through quarterly sales action plans, including maintenance of prospective and quoted business that requires follow-through.
* Participate in, and fully support, other Group Sales team staff with incoming group business requests.
* Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills while working with internal and external customers by phone, email and in person.
* Ability to use desktop computer and contemporary software (Windows and DOS based) to manage workload and correspondence.
* Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and multiple priorities simultaneously.
* Prepare letters, correspondence, and formal proposals for clients.
* Possess strong math aptitude skills.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Must possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking sales environment and face the challenges of revenue goals.
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
* Possess excellent telephone/communication, and multitasking skills.
* Must support and model the Association service principles and service standards
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Work away from the office to meet with potential customers and book group business, including occasional overnight travel.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Office environment normally routine, but sometimes, very loud, and always busy.
* Site tours which will require a moderate amount of walking.
* Occasional trade shows, which are quite busy and the need to stand for long periods of time.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.