YMCA of the Rockies - EXO
Job Title: Group Sales Representative Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-round/Benefited
Leadership Level: Leader
Reports to: Group Sales Director Revision Date: September 2021
The Group Sales Representative is responsible for generating significant and measurable revenues from day groups and weddings at Estes Park Center (EPC) and Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) using YMCA of the Rockies’s established sales systems and practices.
Hourly Pay Rate: $19.00/hour-$21.00/hour
Essential Functions / Requirements:
1. Systematically maintain top accounts assigned for given market segment, building relationships with group customers and cultivating the wedding market segment and handling all wedding leads, site visits & contracting.
2. Research, contact, and book new day group business and weddings.
3. Maintain high level of knowledge of services and facilities available at EPC and SMR and lead site tours at both centers as needed to build new business.
4. Negotiate terms of group contracts in order to close business deals, including authority to negotiate rates and services within normal parameters of the Association’s sales guidelines.
5. Develop and work through quarterly sales action plans, including maintenance of prospective and quoted business that requires follow-through.
6. Participate in, and fully support, other Group Sales team staff with incoming group business requests.
7. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills while working with internal and external customers by phone, email and in person.
8. Ability to use desktop computer and contemporary software (Windows and DOS based) to manage workload and correspondence.
9. Work away from the office to meet with potential customers and book group business, including occasional overnight travel.
10. Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
11. Respond to business leads.
12. Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and multiple priorities simultaneously while maintaining detailed records of correspondence and actions.
13. Prepare letters, correspondence, and formal proposals for clients.
14. Participate in sales meetings and team sales goals as required.
15. Review and sign for mailing any booking confirmations or contracts.
16. Possess excellent telephone/communication, and multitasking skills
17. Possess strong math aptitude skills.
18. Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
19. Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
20. Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
21. Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
22. Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
23. Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
24. Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
25. Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
Other Functions / Requirements:
1. Possess a college degree or equivalent.
2. Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking sales environment and face the challenges of revenue goals.
3. All other duties as assigned.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.