Group Sales Representative - Year Round
POSITION SUMMARY: The Group Sales Representative is responsible for generating significant and measurable revenues from day groups and weddings at Estes Park Center (EPC) and Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) using YMCA of the Rockiess established sales systems and practices.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Systematically maintain top accounts assigned for given market segment, building relationships with group customers and cultivating the wedding market segment and handling all wedding leads, site visits & contracting.
- Research, contact, and book new day group business and weddings.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of services and facilities available at EPC and SMR and lead site tours at both centers as needed to build new business.
- Negotiate terms of group contracts in order to close business deals, including authority to negotiate rates and services within normal parameters of the Associations sales guidelines.
- Develop and work through quarterly sales action plans, including maintenance of prospective and quoted business that requires follow-through.
- Participate in, and fully support, other Group Sales team staff with incoming group business requests.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills while working with internal and external customers by phone, email and in person.
- Ability to use desktop computer and contemporary software (Windows and DOS based) to manage workload and correspondence.
- Work away from the office to meet with potential customers and book group business, including occasional overnight travel.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Respond to business leads.
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and multiple priorities simultaneously while maintaining detailed records of correspondence and actions.
- Prepare letters, correspondence, and formal proposals for clients.
- Participate in sales meetings and team sales goals as required.
- Review and sign for mailing any booking confirmations or contracts.
- Possess excellent telephone/communication, and multitasking skills
- Possess strong math aptitude skills.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Possess a college degree or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking sales environment and face the challenges of revenue goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.