Group Sales Representative
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 225,000 annually. The Group Sales Representative is responsible for researching, contacting, and booking new group and conference business, and negotiating terms of group contracts. This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, while upholding the YMCA of the Rockies mission, policies, and programs.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Systematically maintain top accounts assigned for given market segment, building relationships with group leaders and ensuring consistent rebookings.
- Research, contact, and book new group business within assigned market segment (market segment to be determined by Group Sales Director).
- Maintain high level of knowledge of services and facilities available at EPC and SMR and lead site tours at both centers as needed to build new business.
- Negotiate terms of group contracts in order to close business deals, including authority to negotiate rates and services within normal parameters of the Associations sales guidelines.
- Develop and work through quarterly sales action plans, including maintenance of prospective and quoted business that requires follow-through.
- Participate in, and fully support, other Group Sales team staff with incoming group business requests.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills while working with internal and external customers by phone, email and in person.
- Ability to use desktop computer and contemporary software (Windows and DOS based) to manage workload and correspondence.
- Work away from the office to meet with potential customers and book group business, including occasional overnight travel.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Respond to business leads.
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and multiple priorities simultaneously while maintaining detailed records of correspondence and actions.
- Prepare letters, correspondence, and formal proposals for clients.
- Participate in sales meetings and team sales goals as required.
- Review and sign for mailing any booking confirmations or contracts.
- Possess excellent telephone/communication, and multitasking skills
- Possess strong math aptitude skills.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess a college degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking sales environment and face the challenges of revenue goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Full Time