Guest Registration Desk Attendant - Seasonal, July-Sept 2018
Guest Registration is where our guests' first and last impressions are made of the Estes Park Center YMCA of the Rockies, since it's where they check in and check out as well as call or stop by for directions and information on our campus and things to do and places to go in Estes Park. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority, and we make every effort to exceed their expectations.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Top-notch organizational skills, being fastidiously tidy, unrelenting attention to accuracy, detail, set procedures, processes, policies, and systems - all while keeping an orderly and tidy work station and paperwork in the midst of an often-frenetic pace
- Superior computer proficiency and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Superb guest service and problem-solving (sleuthing) skills and ability to see and take care of stocking brochures and supplies
- An ever-optimistic, positive, cheerful, and helpful attitude, unwavering patience with other people, a warm and smiling countenance, plus a zeal for excellence, are characteristics we expect of our staff
- Excellent, clear written and verbal communication with good customer service skills
- Ability to be flexibility in a dynamic business environment and adapt to quickly changing circumstances
- A high level of professionalism
- Be able to lift 20 lbs. to table height
- Stamina to mostly stand during an 8-hour shift
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Excellence in service with professionalism, helpfulness, cheerfulness, and understanding
- Checking guests in and out of accommodations
- Use the PBX telephone system
- Answer a variety of questions
- Use office equipment
- Collect payments and provide change for guests
- Work in concert with nearly every department to ensure that the needs and wants of our guests and staff are met
- Comply with the YMCA of the Rockies' standards of performance and conduct as detailed in the Seasonal Handbook and the Guest Registration Policy Handbook
- Bi-lingual preferred
- All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Three uniform shirts will be provided for you. You need to provide/wear your own comfortable, closed-toe shoes and black or khaki pants. Sweatpants or yoga type pants will not be permitted.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Job Status: Seasonal