Guest Registration Desk Attendant - Seasonal
YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center
Job Description - Guest Registration Desk Attendant
Job Title: Guest Registration Desk Attendant Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Reports to: Guest Registration Manager
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world.
At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of
individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
Guest Registration is where our guests’ first and last impressions are made of the Estes Park Center YMCA of the Rockies, since it’s where they check in and check out as well as call or stop by for directions and information on our campus and things to do and places to go in Estes Park. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority, and we make every effort to exceed their expectations.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Guest Registration Desk Attendant Essential Functions / Requirements:
* A clean and neat professional appearance is important
* Excellence in service with professionalism, helpfulness, cheerfulness, and understanding
* Top-notch organizational skills, being fastidiously tidy, unrelenting attention to accuracy, detail, set procedures, processes, policies, and systems - all while keeping an orderly and tidy work station and paperwork in the midst of an often-frenetic pace, superior computer proficiency and ability to learn new programs quickly, superb guest service and problem-solving (sleuthing) skills and ability to see and take care of stocking brochures and supplies, an ever-optimistic, positive, cheerful, and helpful attitude, unwavering patience with other people, a warm and smiling countenance, plus a zeal for excellence, are characteristics we expect of our staff
* Must comply with the YMCA of the Rockies’ standards of performance and conduct as detailed in the Seasonal Handbook and the Guest Registration Policy Handbook
* Professionalism is required
* Flexibility is also required, as business is dynamic rather than static
* Computer proficiency is required
* Stamina to mostly stand during an 8-hour shift
* Excellent, clear written and verbal communication with good customer service skills
* Must be able to lift 20 lbs. to table height
* Checking guests in and out of accommodations
* Use the PBX telephone system
* Answer a variety of questions
* Use office equipment
* Collect payments and provide change for guests
* Work in concert with nearly every department to ensure that the needs and wants of our guests and staff are met
Other Functions / Requirements:
* All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Seasonal