YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center
Job Description - Guest Registration Desk Attendant
Job Title: Guest Registration Desk Attendant Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Reports to: Guest Registration Manager
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world.
At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of
individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
Guest Registration is where our guests’ first and last impressions are made of the Estes Park Center YMCA of the Rockies, since it’s where they check in and check out as well as call or stop by for directions and information on our campus and things to do and places to go in Estes Park. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority, and we make every effort to exceed their expectations.
Position Available: Now-Winter 2020/2021
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Guest Registration Desk Attendant Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
* Maintain a clean and neat professional appearance
* Exhibit excellence in service with professionalism, hospitality, understanding, and positivity
* Must comply with the YMCA of the Rockies’ standards of performance and conduct as detailed in the Seasonal Handbook and the Guest Registration Handbook
* Computer proficiency is required
* Ability to stand though the majority of an 8-hour shift
* Be able to lift 50 pounds or more up and down stairs and walk without tiring at an altitude of 8000 feet
* Learn to operate office equipment such as copy/fax machine, telephone PBX switchboard, and base radio system
* Use our Property Management System to check guests in and out, collect payments, make keycards, and process guest requests
* Tend to general Guest Service needs such as transporting guests, delivering keys and supplies, addressing janitorial needs in the Administration building, covering shifts at the Rustic Café and General Store, assisting our conference team in setting up meeting rooms, and any other tasks assigned by the Guest Registration Managers
* Work in concert with nearly every department to ensure that the needs and wants of our guests are met
* Become knowledgeable about the local area such as Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, and other surrounding areas.
Other Functions / Requirements:
* All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.