Job Title: Guest Registration Desk Attendant
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: 06/29/2020
Reports to: Guest Registration Manager
Guest Registration is where our guests’ first and last impressions are made of the Estes Park Center YMCA of the Rockies, since it’s where they check in and check out as well as call or stop by for directions and information on our campus and things to do and places to go in Estes Park. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority, and we make every effort to exceed their expectations.
Position Available for Immediate Hire
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Exhibit excellence in service with professionalism, hospitality, understanding, and positivity
* Ability to stand though the majority of an 8-hour shift
* Be able to lift 50 pounds or more up and down stairs and walk without tiring at an altitude of 8000 feet
* Learn to operate office equipment such as copy/fax machine, telephone PBX switchboard, and base radio system
* Use our Property Management System to check guests in and out, collect payments, make keycards, and process guest requests
* Tend to general Guest Service needs such as transporting guests, delivering keys and supplies, addressing janitorial needs in the Administration building, covering shifts at the Rustic Café and General Store, assisting our conference team in setting up meeting rooms, and any other tasks assigned by the Guest Registration Managers
* Work in concert with nearly every department to ensure that the needs and wants of our guests are met
* Become knowledgeable about the local area such as Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, and other surrounding areas
* Possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
* Maintain a clean and neat professional appearance
* Must comply with the YMCA of the Rockies’ standards of performance and conduct as detailed in the Seasonal Handbook and the Guest Registration Handbook
* Computer proficiency is required
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Able to work outdoors in all weather, hiking large distances over varied terrain.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry up one (1) flight of steps.
* Short bursts of stooping, kneeling, bending, standing for long periods of time, etc.
* Prolonged periods at a computer and on the phone
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.