Job Title: Guest Registration Internship
Employee Classification: Seasonal
Revision Date: April 2021
Reports to: Guest Registration Manager
* Guest Registration forms the first and final impressions at the Estes Park Center YMCA. We set the tone of our guests stays beginning before check-in and continuing after checkout. It is the central hub for information in which staff can grant guidance to guests on activities in the area, how to navigate Estes Park, and the current events on property. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority, and we make every effort to exceed their expectations. This is a unique opportunity for an undergraduate student to gain business management skills and experience a fast-paced hotel environment. We are willing to work with your educators in order to create a complete experience that suits your needs.
Position Available: May 2021-August 2021
* We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Is working toward or has recently finished a bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or a similar business degree.
* Maintains a clean and neat professional appearance
* Provides service with professionalism, helpfulness, cheerfulness, and understanding
* Attention to detail
* Complies with the YMCA of the Rockies’ Standards of Performance and Conduct as detailed in the Seasonal Handbook and the Guest Registration Policy Handbook
* Flexibility in a dynamic work environment
* Proficient with computers
* Stamina to mostly stand during an 8-hour shift
* Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and through written word
* Must be able to lift 20 lbs. to table height
* Adeptly checks guests in and out of accommodations
* Uses the PBX telephone system
* Answers a variety of questions in regards to our property, the national park, and the surrounding area
* Utilizes office equipment efficiently
* Collects payments and provides change for guests
* Works in concert with nearly every department to ensure that the needs and wants of our guests and staff are met
* Works multiple shifts with night audit to learn job functions.
* Works multiple shifts in housekeeping.
* Learns our end of day accounting procedures.
* Works in other departments to better understand the overall function of the YMCA
* Sits in on department director meetings.
* Any additional functions the school requires for credit. Please submit your schools’ internships requirements to discuss with a manager whether they can be met.
* All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments, as required
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.57/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.