Guest Registration Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, and a residential camp, serving more than 50,000 annually. The Guest Registration Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing his/her shifts at the Front Desk with a high priority on guest service. Also manages the Guest Registration seasonal staff and volunteers, and is responsible for accurate guest folio charges, nightly income audit, and related duties.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Training,supervising and evaluation of Guest Registration seasonal staff and volunteers.
- Assist with hiring
- Cover primarily the PM/Income Audit shift.
- Complete or supervise completion of an audit that includes, but is not limited to, counting cash boxes, handling large sums of revenue, and making nightly deposits. Confirm the accuracy of the income that has been deposited and run end of day reports.
- Supervise and assist with training of staff in other departments on their audit responsibilities.
- Process petty cash and payroll advance requests.
- Provide emergency backup coverage for the Night Audit shift when operationally necessary.
- Operate the Associations reservation, radio and PBX systems and promptly report outages and malfunctions.
- Work with upset or dissatisfied guests, solving any issues that arise.
- Work with Asstistant Guest Registration Director to update and develop various training information and programs for the Guest Services Department.
- Assist with and contribute to employee training programs such as the International Intern Program, Navigators, Trek, Leadership Training Program (LTP), and Focus, and work with the volunteer staff in the Guest Services Department.
- Assume responsibility and delegate authority to co-workers when management is absent.
- Regularly communicate with the Assistant Guest Registration Director.
- Assist with the property's Quality Inspection Team twice a year.
- Attend scheduled Dept Head and Assistant meetings once a month when schedule permits, and attend other staff and management-related meetings as needed.
- Assist with emergencies that happen on property and other concerns that arise at the Front Desk.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in a hospitality field preferred.
- Must be highly effective in leading others and developing staffs guest services skills.
- Prior supervisory experience in a customer service environment.
- Must be extremely organized with impeccable attention to detail, accuracy and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and training skills.
- Work with frequent interruptions in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to sit and stand, get up and down frequently, and walk around during a shift.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English clearly, concisely, and fluently.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Ability to exemplify qualities of patience, kindness, integrity, accountability, teamwork and professionalism.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to climb stairs, kneel, stoop and bend.
- Ability to lift and move up to 30 lbs. to a height of up to 4 feet.
- Must be able to function in loud, hectic environments.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski and golf passes to nearby resorts & courses
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs