SEASONAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Snow Mountain Ranch, YMCA of the Rockies
Job Title: Guest Services Associate
Employee Classification: Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Leadership Level: Leader
Reports To: Director of Operations
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Position Start Date: Immediate Hire - October 2021
Position Summary: This position is a great fit for a candidate interested in working in a bustling, dynamic guest-service office setting. The Guest Services Associate will work with Conference and Front Desk staff to prepare for group and guest arrivals and departures, and will have ample opportunity to interact with guests and staff from all over the world. Associate will also assist with coordination, booking, scheduling, tours and administration of weddings and special events as needed.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Assist group leaders and conference coordinators with pre-conference planning, and managing groups according to contracts upon arrival.
* Prepare check-in packets for arriving groups.
* Collect and process group- and guest-related information, and communicate this information to Conference and Front Desk staff as appropriate.
* Become proficient in the use of the reservation system.
* Meet both immediate and planned needs of groups throughout their stay.
* Act as a tactful liaison between group leaders/guests and all departments providing service to them (e.g., Conference, Front Desk, Food Service, Program, Housekeeping, Buildings & Grounds, etc.)
* Be able to explain contract details and billing to guests and group leaders.
* Cover the switchboard for incoming calls and transfers.
* Work with Front Desk to check groups and individual guests in and out.
* Assist couples with pre-wedding planning, managing weddings according to contracts, and post-wedding evaluating.
* Work under the supervision of the Director of Operations to collect and process event-related information, and assist the guests by answering questions they might have about their contracts, lodging and special needs requests.
* Dress requirements: during special events, professional business attire is required. On other office days, staff shirts will be issued to be worn with casual business attire.
* Train as relief night audit and assist with coverage of occasional night audit shifts.
* All other duties as assigned.
Other Functions / Requirements:
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
* Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Possess excellent diplomatic, organizational, interpersonal and phone communication skills.
* Ability to multitask and coordinate logistical details.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate weekend, holiday and evening shifts.
* Ability to work within an office environment and operate office equipment, including, but not limited to: computers, printers, copy machines and phone systems.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
* Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, $12.82 hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, with employee perks including:
* Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free Wi-Fi and no bills!)
* Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
* Other employee perks and discounts, including:
o Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
o Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
o Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
o Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
o Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain
National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.