Guest Services Director - Year Round
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and each other.
- Possess excellent judgment, leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Respond to and resolve guest and staff-related issues with professionalism.
- When appropriate, escalates issues to General Manager promptly.
- Develop and follow an accurate annual budget for the department that supports Association goals and strategic plans. Review, code and approve appropriate invoices for the department.
- Directly or indirectly screen, interview, hire, train, schedule, supervise, evaluate and mentor year-round seasonals, interns, and volunteers in Guest Registration, General Store, and Post Office.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate working knowledge and basic troubleshooting for all relevant software, hardware, and office equipment utilized by YMCA of the Rockies (PMS, POS, Phone Interface, Lock System, Credit Card Payment System, Copiers, Printers, etc.).
- Oversee the Guest Registration Department’s International Trainee Program.
- Work with Association Recruiter to develop and promote a Hospitality Internship.
- Promote and ensure effective staff sharing and cross-training to maximize staffing efficiency and guest satisfaction.
- Oversee efficient inventory management, ensuring maximum efficiency of cabin and lodge room use and cleaning and maximum guest satisfaction.
- Generate analytical reporting to assist YMCA management in business decisions.
- Possess knowledge of and provide training in appropriate accounting procedures for guest registration staff.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and holidays and on-call
- Ability to fluently speak, read and write in English
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
- Minimum of three years of management experience in the Hospitality Industry
- Management and Leadership abilities
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Teams.
- Previous software configuration and implementation experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds for a distance of 30 feet or more.
- Must be able to be stationary for periods in excess of two hours.
- Must be able to multi-task and be productive in noisy and distracting environments