Do you possess a servant’s heart that is focused on the needs of others?
Do you possess compassion for all people and desire to foster a strong community?
Do you possess a healthy self-awareness of your strengths, weaknesses, values, emotions and feelings and are able to set aside your personal biases?
If you answer yes to all of the above then you are someone we’d love to have as one of our servant heart volunteers.
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Supervisor
This position works with the Guest Services Department to provide excellent services to groups and guests visiting Snow Mountain Ranch.
- 6 weeks minimum in this position
- As an On-Grounds Volunteer, there is a minimum service of at least 24 - 28 hours per week depending on the season. Peak Times - 28 Hours per Week - Saturday before Memorial Day through Saturday after Labor Day; Two Saturdays before Christmas through 1st weekend of April. Off-Peak Times - 24 Hours per Week - 1st weekend of April through Saturday before Memorial Day; Saturday after Labor Day through 2 Saturdays before Christmas
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, weekends and holidays. Primary shift hours will be 6am-2:30pm, and include Friday - Sunday
- Deliver packages, keys, irons/ironing boards and other items to guests on request
- Work with the Front Desk to provide assistance to guests as needed; these requests may come from any member of the Guest Services staff and will vary from day to day depending on occupancy and specific guest requests
- Provide general maintenance and cleaning for the Administration Building, including the upstairs and downstairs lobbies and restrooms, the Chapel, and the exterior of the Administration Building
- During the winter, duties will include snow removal around the Administration Building
- Assist Conference Office with preparing check-in packets for the groups and with checking on set ups to ensure meeting rooms are ready for group arrivals
- Provide cashier backup in the Gift Shop as needed
- Deliver group information signs to the meeting rooms
- Maintain cleanliness of outdoor spaces, including pavilions, campfire rings and one outdoor restroom facility (seasonal - outdoor restroom closes at the end of September.)
- Handle recycling needs for the Administration Building
- Deliver marketing materials to lodges and meeting spaces
- Work with the Conference Director to complete quarterly safety audit checklist for meeting spaces
- This job is a very hands-on position requiring the ability to lift at least 30 pounds, move chairs, tables and A/V equipment in and out of meeting rooms and vehicles, work outdoors in all weather conditions, clean a variety of spaces, shovel snow, clean fire pits, and get in and out of vehicles throughout the day; the person in this position must be physically able to perform all of these tasks.
OTHER FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be willing to learn and perform basic housekeeping duties; the person in this position may be asked to provide backup to the housekeeping staff as a housekeeper on heavy turnover days
- All other duties as assigned
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
This volunteer description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this position. For any position a supervisor may assign other duties from time to time which are required to ensure efficient and timely completion of overall Snow Mountain Ranch goals. Teaming within and across departments is expected.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Two uniform shirts or vest will be provided for you. You need to provide/wear your own comfortable, closed-toe shoes and trousers. Sweatpants or yoga type pants will not be permitted.
As a volunteer there is no compensation. Volunteer perks include:
- Pinewood Lodge: A smaller dorm facility that can house up to 75 staff and is attached to our administration building. This is our senior housing, primarily serving our volunteer community. Rooms are doubles and can accommodate a couple. Each room has a full bathroom. There is a TV lounge with refrigerator and microwave. All rooms have a private telephone and internet access.
- Geronimo Campground: A campground with 26 sites ranging from 15-50 Amps. All sites have electric hook ups while others have additional water and/or sewer. Geronimo camp sites are open from mid-May to mid-September depending on the weather.
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, library, and an art center
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy) and various local restaurants
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ and provide volunteer positions for people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.