Job Title: Guest Services Liaison - Volunteer - SMR
Employee Classification: Seasonal
Revision Date: January, 2021
Reports to: Guest Services Supervisor
This position works with the Guest Services Department to provide excellent services to groups and guests visiting Snow Mountain Ranch.
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, weekends and holidays. Primary shift hours will be 6am-2:30pm, and include Friday - Sunday
- Deliver packages, keys, irons/ironing boards and other items to guests on request
- Work with the Front Desk to provide assistance to guests as needed; these requests may come from any member of the Guest Services staff and will vary from day to day depending on occupancy and specific guest requests
- Provide general maintenance and cleaning for the Administration Building, including the upstairs and downstairs lobbies and restrooms, the Chapel, and the exterior of the Administration Building
- During the winter, duties will include snow removal around the Administration Building
- Assist Conference Office with preparing check-in packets for the groups and with checking on set ups to ensure meeting rooms are ready for group arrivals
- Provide cashier backup in the Gift Shop as needed
- Deliver group information signs to the meeting rooms
- Maintain cleanliness of outdoor spaces, including pavilions, campfire rings and one outdoor restroom facility (seasonal - outdoor restroom closes at the end of September.)
- Handle recycling needs for the Administration Building
- Deliver marketing materials to lodges and meeting spaces
- Work with the Conference Director to complete quarterly safety audit checklist for meeting spaces
- This job is a very hands-on position requiring the ability to lift at least 30 pounds, move chairs, tables and A/V equipment in and out of meeting rooms and vehicles, work outdoors in all weather conditions, clean a variety of spaces, shovel snow, clean fire pits, and get in and out of vehicles throughout the day; the person in this position must be physically able to perform all of these tasks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license as there will be driving required on the property.
- Must be willing to learn and perform basic housekeeping duties; the person in this position may be asked to provide backup to the housekeeping staff as a housekeeper on heavy turnover days
- All other duties as assigned
- 6 weeks minimum in this position
- As an On-Grounds Volunteer, there is a minimum service of at least 24 - 28 hours per week depending on the season. Peak Times - 28 Hours per Week - Saturday before Memorial Day through Saturday after Labor Day; Two Saturdays before Christmas through 1st weekend of April. Off-Peak Times - 24 Hours per Week - 1st weekend of April through Saturday before Memorial Day; Saturday after Labor Day through 2 Saturdays before Christmas
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
As a volunteer there is no compensation. Volunteer perks include:
* Volunteers will be assigned rooms with windows and a full bathroom. There are common areas with TVs, refrigerators and microwaves. All rooms have a private telephone and internet access.
* Geronimo Campground is an alternative available for volunteers at Snow Mountain Ranch in the summer months(mid-May to mid-September). Please inquire for more details.
Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week):
Other employee perks and discounts include:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities and activities which include but are not limited to: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, archery, ice skating, disc golf, mini-golf, climbing wall, library, bonfire rings, craft shop and more. For the most current activity guides please click here: Estes Park Center / Snow Mountain Ranch
* Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and/or golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Staff Experience Team
* Lodging Discount Nights at either YMCA of the Rockies location, $25 per room per night, based on availability
* Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Discounts at on site General Store/Gift Shop, Rustic Café/Buckboard Grill, and Jackson/Snow Mountain Stables
- Discounts at local merchants
- Shuttles for staff without vehicles based on season and availability for groceries, doctor, trips to town
- Cleaning supplies/equipment, linens and paper products provided/available for use.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.