Guest Services Liaison-Volunteer
This position works with the Guest Services Department to provide excellent services to groups and guests visiting Snow Mountain Ranch.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, weekends and holidays. Primary shift hours will be 6am-2:30pm, and include Friday - Sunday
- Deliver packages, keys, irons/ironing boards and other items to guests on request
- Work with the Front Desk to provide assistance to guests as needed; these requests may come from any member of the Guest Services staff and will vary from day to day depending on occupancy and specific guest requests
- Provide general maintenance and cleaning for the Administration Building, including the upstairs and downstairs lobbies and restrooms, the Chapel, and the exterior of the Administration Building
- During the winter, duties will include snow removal around the Administration Building
- Assist Conference Office with preparing check-in packets for the groups and with checking on set ups to ensure meeting rooms are ready for group arrivals
- Provide cashier backup in the Gift Shop as needed
- Deliver group information signs to the meeting rooms
- Maintain cleanliness of outdoor spaces, including pavilions, campfire rings and one outdoor restroom facility (seasonal - outdoor restroom closes at the end of September.)
- Handle recycling needs for the Administration Building
- Deliver marketing materials to lodges and meeting spaces
- Work with the Conference Director to complete quarterly safety audit checklist for meeting spaces
- This job is a very hands-on position requiring the ability to lift at least 30 pounds, move chairs, tables and A/V equipment in and out of meeting rooms and vehicles, work outdoors in all weather conditions, clean a variety of spaces, shovel snow, clean fire pits, and get in and out of vehicles throughout the day; the person in this position must be physically able to perform all of these tasks.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Must be willing to learn and perform basic housekeeping duties; the person in this position may be asked to provide backup to the Lodging and Events Operations staff as a housekeeper on heavy turnover days
- All other duties as assigned
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a volunteer position with employee perks including:
- Room (room in our senior staff lodge with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4111, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Status: Internship,Volunteer