Guest Services Lobby Host - Seasonal Volunteer
Position Summary: Work as a lobby host assisting the front desk and conference department in welcoming guests as they arrive and preventing overcrowding in the lobby area.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Able to stand on your feet for a minimum of 3-4 hours.
- Must have a thorough knowledge about Snow Mountain Ranch including an understanding of weekly programs, activities, facilities, and other guest service requests.
- Ability to read and use property and facility maps.
- Try and secure potential donor leads and submit them to the Philanthropy Director.
- Have organizational skills in dealing with unplanned incidents; communicating with the appropriate staff to handle situations that may occur.
- Must be available to work on Thursday, Fridays and Sundays.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Coordinate with the wedding coordinator and conference staff to better serve group check-in and check-outs.
- Assist guests with storing food, etc. in grill basement refrigerators. May need to assist with lifting ice chests.
- Keep lobby brochure racks and bookshelf stocked and tidy up the lobby as required.
- Check on and report lobby bathroom cleaning needs to housekeeping.
- Serve as host at the information desk when not performing other duties.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
· NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
In addition to the grooming standards outlined in the Staff Handbook, the following applies to all staff. YMCA of the Rockies staff shirts will be issued. You will be required to wear this outfit while on duty. A neat and clean appearance is required at all times. Comfortable shoes. Open toed sandals and blue jeans not accepted.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
· Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
· Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
· Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
· Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
· Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
· May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
· Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Status: Internship,Volunteer