Job Title: Guest Services Lobby Host- Volunteer - SMR Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: January, 2021
Reports to: Guest Services Supervisor
Work as a lobby host assisting the front desk and conference department in welcoming guests as they arrive and preventing overcrowding in the lobby area.
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
* Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Able to stand on your feet for a minimum of 3-4 hours.
* Must have a thorough knowledge about Snow Mountain Ranch including an understanding of weekly programs, activities, facilities, and other guest service requests.
* Ability to read and use property and facility maps.
* Try and secure potential donor leads and submit them to the Philanthropy Director.
* Have organizational skills in dealing with unplanned incidents; communicating with the appropriate staff to handle situations that may occur.
* Must be available to work on Thursday, Fridays and Sundays.
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
OTHER FUNTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* Coordinate with the wedding coordinator and conference staff to better serve group check-in and check-outs.
* Assist guests with storing food, etc. in grill basement refrigerators. May need to assist with lifting ice chests.
* Keep lobby brochure racks and bookshelf stocked and tidy up the lobby as required.
* Check on and report lobby bathroom cleaning needs to housekeeping.
* Serve as host at the information desk when not performing other duties.
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
* Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
* All other duties as assigned.
* 6 weeks minimum in this position
* As an On-Grounds Volunteer, there is a minimum service of at least 24 - 28 hours per week depending on the season. Peak Times - 28 Hours per Week - Saturday before Memorial Day through Saturday after Labor Day; Two Saturdays before Christmas through 1st weekend of April. Off-Peak Times - 24 Hours per Week - 1st weekend of April through Saturday before Memorial Day; Saturday after Labor Day through 2 Saturdays before Christmas
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
As a volunteer there is no compensation. Volunteer perks include:
* Volunteers will be assigned rooms with windows and a full bathroom. There are common areas with TVs, refrigerators and microwaves. All rooms have a private telephone and internet access.
* Geronimo Campground is an alternative available for volunteers at Snow Mountain Ranch in the summer months(mid-May to mid-September). Please inquire for more details.
Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week):
Other employee perks and discounts include:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities and activities which include but are not limited to: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, archery, ice skating, disc golf, mini-golf, climbing wall, library, bonfire rings, craft shop and more. For the most current activity guides please click here: Estes Park Center / Snow Mountain Ranch
* Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and/or golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Staff Experience Team
* Lodging Discount Nights at either YMCA of the Rockies location, $25 per room per night, based on availability
* Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Discounts at on site General Store/Gift Shop, Rustic Café/Buckboard Grill, and Jackson/Snow Mountain Stables
- Discounts at local merchants
- Shuttles for staff without vehicles based on season and availability for groceries, doctor, trips to town
- Cleaning supplies/equipment, linens and paper products provided/available for use.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.