Head Guard - Seasonal
SEASONAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Estes Park Center, YMCA of the Rockies
Job Title: Head Lifeguard
Employee Classification: Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Aquatics Director & Program Director
Position Summary: The Head Lifeguard is responsible for the day to day operations of the aquatics facilities.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
1. Must fulfill all job functions/requirements of a YMCA of the Rockies lifeguard.
2. Know all YMCA of the Rockies aquatics policies and procedures and lead by example.
3. Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
4. Continuously evaluate on duty lifeguard performance and immediately correct deficiencies.
5. Oversee daily maintenance and cleaning of facilities.
6. Maintain open lines of communication with Aquatics Director, lifeguards, staff, and all pool customers.
7. Communicate need for disciplinary action to Aquatics Director and address issues and performance with lifeguards as necessary and as directed by the Aquatics Director.
8. Maintain a flexible schedule and be on call in absence of Aquatics Director.
9. Run in-services in the absence of the Aquatics Director.
10. Orient new staff in pool policies, procedures and rules.
11. Conduct staff evaluations in accordance with Aquatics Director.
12. Assist with pool and staff scheduling.
13. Attend weekly program meetings in absence of Aquatics Director.
14. Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
15. Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
16. Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
17. Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
1. Handle customer comments and concerns when appropriate and relay information to Aquatics Director for follow up.
2. Meet monthly targets set forth for drill book.
3. Maintain meticulous records.
4. Proficient use of Microsoft 2016 Word and Excel programs.
5. Must be highly motivated, self-directed, and organized.
6. Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
7. Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
8. Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
9. All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Job Status: Seasonal