Hiking Desk Attendant - On Grounds - Seasonal
The Hiking Desk Attendant provides customer support to guests and members at the hiking desk in the Mountain Center. Hiking Desk Attendants are responsible for managing a cash drawer, checking out borrowed hiking equipment, and sharing information about our hiking program, hiking trails on grounds, in RMNP, in national forests, and in the Estes Park region. Hiking Desk Attendants must be able to use our online sign-up system and enter related data.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Must have knowledge of RMNP and surrounding areas
- Must have a high degree of skill working with people of all ages
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- Must be able to work some evenings, weekends and holidays
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Attend and participate in weekly hikemaster staff meetings
- Answer questions and give guidance and hiking suggestions at hiking desk in Mountain Center
- Use a computer to assist guests in enrolling for guided hikes and enter data prior to and after hikes
- Use a cash register to take deposits for borrowed hiking equipment and to record merchandise sales
- Call hikers prior to hikes to confirm attendance and make logistical arrangements
- All other duties as assigned
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $230/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Job Status: Seasonal