Job Title: Hiking Desk Attendant
Status: Non- Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: December 22, 2020
Reports to: Hiking Supervisor
The Hiking Desk Attendant provides customer support to guests and members at the hiking desk in the Mountain Center. Backmasters are responsible for managing a cash drawer, checking out borrowed hiking equipment, and sharing information about our hiking program, hiking trails on grounds, in RMNP, in national forests, and in the Estes Park region. Backmasters must be able to use our online sign-up system and enter related data.
Required Position Dates: May 21, 2021-August 6,2021
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Attend and participate in weekly hikemaster staff meetings
* Take careful notes of the weekly meetings and prepares the minutes for distribution within two days.
* Takes inventory of equipment and maintains equipment.
* Open and closes hiking desk for the season.
* Proof reads the weekly program schedule for errors.
* Answer questions and give guidance and hiking suggestions at hiking desk in Mountain Center
* Use a computer to assist guests in enrolling for guided hikes and enter data prior to and after hikes
* Use a cash register to take deposits for borrowed hiking equipment and to record merchandise sales
* Call hikers prior to hikes to confirm attendance and make logistical arrangements
* Assist in planning and implementing special events in the hiking department
* All other duties as assigned
* Must have knowledge of RMNP and surrounding areas
* Must have a high degree of skill working with people of all ages
* Must be at least 21 years old
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* Must have good customer service and POS skills
* Must be able to work some evenings, weekends and holidays
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
?? Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Must be able to squat, stoop and stand for long periods of time
* Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities