Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant - Seasonal
YMCA of the Rockies will pay your travel expenses and you will receive $100.00 per month completion bonus!! (March - May 2019) *Some restrictions apply
*FALL INCENTIVE** YMCA of the Rockies will pay your travel expenses, you will receive $100.00 per month completion bonus (September 2019-December 2019), all staff working in Housekeeping or Food Service will receive single rooms from October 1st, 2019-May 14th, 2020.
The Housekeeper is responsible for having assigned cabins and lodge rooms cleaned by check-in time and to meet the expectations of the supervisors and guests.
Housekeeper Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Clean cabins and lodge rooms
- Clean lobbies and public areas
- Work on a crew with 3-5 co-workers
- Efficiently clean guest accommodations including the following tasks: clean fireplaces, vacuum and dust, strip linens and make beds, wash windows, clean toilets, sinks and showers, empty trash, mop and sweep floors, and clean ovens, etc.
- Work with various types of cleaning chemicals
- Complete maid service in required rooms
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs
Laundry Attendant Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Sort, fold, shrink-wrap, and stack laundry
- Load and empty washers and driers
- Operate washers and driers at proper time, temperature, and cycle settings
- Serve customers at the linen exchange door
- Assist with Linen Driver functions; transports laundry to guest accommodations
- Follow safe practices while handling chemicals, biohazards, and machinery
- Move, replace, and connect laundry chemical drums using a wheel dolly
- Maintain and repair window coverings in guest accommodations as needed
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Ensure all Laundry and Housekeeping areas are cleaned before leaving at the end of the day
- Assist with Housekeeper or Laundry Attendant functions as needed
- All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Three uniform shirts will be provided for you. You need to provide/wear your own comfortable, closed-toe solid color sneakers/shoes and black pants or khakis. Sweatpants, jeans, shorts or yoga type pants will not be permitted.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $230/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty..
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Job Status: Seasonal