Housekeeper - Year-Round
YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center
Job Title: Housekeeping Crew Leader Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year Round/Benefitted
Leadership Position: Team Leader
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager Revision Date: March 2017
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
The Housekeeping Crew Leader is responsible for successfully leading a housekeeping crew while cleaning cabins and lodges, with an emphasis on quality, accountability, efficiency and timeliness in preparing guest accommodations, according to EPC Housekeeping standards.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Possess strong leadership capabilities, organizational skills, attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and deal with changes in assignments.
* Possess physical stamina for strenuous all-day work. Must be able to bend, stoop, climb up and down stairs, kneel, vacuum, walk and scrub. Must be able to regularly lift and carry supply crates, vacuums, linens, garbage bags, and other items weighting up to 30 lbs. to counter height or above, in and out of vehicles, and up and down stairs. Must be able to get in and out of vehicles multiple times throughout the work day.
* Possess excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively speak in English in order to interact with management, staff and guests. Must be able to clearly explain directions, ask and answer questions and be able to read and write in English. Must be able to read and understand product labels, product instructions and position related procedural manuals written in English.
* Supervise, encourage, motivate and hold crew members accountable for successful completion of assigned tasks, according to EPC Housekeeping standards, in order to prepare cabin and lodge accommodations in a timely manner to meet the expectations of our guests.
* Lead by example and effectively hold staff accountable for their actions and work. Effectively communicate with crew regarding quality of work, and effectively explain and demonstrate the proper standards.
* Complete daily tasks as assigned by Housekeeping management, adhere to Housekeeping Policies and Procedures, and consistently show respect in following Housekeeping management requests and directions.
* Effectively train and manage individuals and crews in order to maintain productivity and accomplish assigned work which meets EPC Housekeeping Standards.
* Possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Learn the safe use of cleaning chemicals, and be able to use chemicals throughout the workday.
* Report staff progress on a consistent basis including any staff accountability issues to Housekeeping management.
* Clean guest accommodations to meet EPC Housekeeping Standards.
* Remove used linens from beds and gather used towels for transport to the Laundry.
* Keep linen closets clean and orderly.
* Keep vehicles clean and orderly.
Other Functions / Requirements:
* Fold sheets and towels in the Industrial Laundry when needed.
* All other duties as assigned.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Full Time