Job Title: Housekeeping Crew Leader-EPC Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 7/2018
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Leadership Level: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 150,000 guests annually. The Housekeeping Crew Leader is primarily responsible for successfully leading a housekeeping crew while cleaning cabins and lodges, with an emphasis on quality, accountability, efficiency and timeliness in preparing guest accommodations according to EPC housekeeping standards.
Hourly Pay Range: $15.00/hour-$16.00/hour
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein
* Must be able to converse, read, write and type in English
* Supervises and Trains Housekeeping crew members and ensures quality and standards of cleaning are met
* Ensures all chemicals and vehicles are properly operated and maintained
* Ensures safe practices and procedures are followed for chemicals and biohazards
* AM and PM shifts required
* Reports to Housekeeping Manager on progress of projects and needs of the Housekeeping department
* One year of experience in the hospitality industry
* Assists with operation of Lost and Found, Dish Room, and Quality Control duties as assigned
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must possess physical stamina to walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the work day
* Must be able to bend, stoop, and kneel repeatedly throughout the workday
* Must possess physical stamina to work in warm/hot environment throughout the workday
* Must possess physical strength to lift up to 30lbs repeatedly throughout the workday
* Must be able to work effectively in a noisy and fast paced environment
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.