Housekeeping Crew Supervisor - Year Round
The Housekeeping Crew Supervisor position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, and a residential camp, serving more than 50,000 annually. This position is a key leader within a large department of 20 - 75 staff, acting as a supervisor overseeing crews cleaning assigned cabins and lodge rooms.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Supervise flow of work on crews to complete changeovers and maid services in an acceptable and timely manner.
- Supervise, train and assign duties to Housekeeping staff, and work alongside them to complete the daily cleaning assignments.
- Clean cabins, lodge rooms, lobbies and public areas.
- Efficiently clean guest accommodations including the following tasks: clean fireplaces, vacuum and dust, strip linens and make beds, wash windows, clean toilets, sinks and showers, empty trash, mop and sweep floors, and clean ovens.
- Assure the storeroom is cleaned/stocked with chemicals and the vans are cleaned out at the end of each day
- Assist with operation of heavy-duty laundry equipment and follow all operational and safety procedures. Equipment includes computerized washers and dryers.
- Able to handle chemicals used in Housekeeping Dept. when needed.
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing laundry workload to assure a continual supply of clean linens.
- Assist commercial laundry attendants with the folding of linens.
- Assist in the supervision of Housekeeping staff while in the Commercial Laundry.
- Assist guests with linen exchange.
- Possess supervisory skills.
- Work with various types of cleaning chemicals.
- Basic mechanical skills valued, but not mandatory.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be highly motivated, energetic, effective in leading others and developing staff and able to work independently
- Must be extremely organized with impeccable attention to detail, accuracy and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and training skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work variable shifts that include weekends, holidays, and nights. This will be five 8-hour shifts per week. Weekly schedules will vary depending on the time of year and work load.
- A quick learner able to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Possess a valid, USA driver’s license, good driving record and be able to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English clearly, concisely, and fluently.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Ability to exemplify qualities of patience, kindness, integrity, accountability, teamwork and professionalism.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to access and move through all YMCA facilities. This will include walking up and down stairs and getting into and out of vehicles freely.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lb. repeatedly within a day.
- Possess high energy for full schedule. Ability to work at nearly 9000-foot elevation with basic physical fitness and ability to work in varying/extreme weather conditions.
- Moderate noise level.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.