Housekeeping Director - Year Round
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a 5,100-acre, mission-based, family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 75,000 Guests annually. As the Housekeeping Director, you will be responsible for hiring and training staff, creating schedules, managing inventory of housekeeping and industrial laundry supplies, coordinating housekeeping needs for special events, weddings, conferences, and day-to-day operations, and work directly with housekeeping staff if the team is short-handed or to perform inspections of the team's work. The Housekeeping Director will work closely with related departments to ensure maximum guest satisfaction as well as be responsible for operational efficiencies and product standards.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Represent the YMCA and present yourself to Guests and Staff in an exceptional and professional manner.
- Lead, direct, and administer all housekeeping operations, this includes management via electronic systems, budgeting, forecasting, inventory control, general department management, and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Recruit, hire, supervise, motivate, and evaluate the Housekeeping team of approximately 50 year-round and seasonal staff members.
- Strong organizational skills to plan and prioritize daily, weekly and seasonal workloads. Ability and skill to utilize the YMCA’s property management system in daily planning
- Monitoring employee attendance and productivity, and addressing any issues that arise.
- Responsible for directing and streamlining the entirety of housekeeping operations to ensure the overall cleanliness of Snow Mountain Ranch.
- Maintain and ensure the cleanliness of guest cabins, hotel rooms, public spaces including lobbies, hallways and entrances to lodges, bathrooms, and offices in compliance with YMCA policy and all local, state, and federal standards.
- Conduct product quality and routine grounds inspections in accordance with policy to uphold outstanding guest service and brand representation.
- Oversee safe operation of commercial laundry, ensuring availability and cleanliness of all linens, towels and blankets needed on a day-to-day basis.
- Oversee and ensure proper and adequate purchasing, transport, handling, labeling, storing, and use of all chemicals and hazardous supplies in accordance with state and federal law.
- Routinely participate in management meetings for innovation and improvement.
- Resolve customer concerns and challenges as they pertain to housekeeping.
- Ability to adhere to an approved budget and to propose and develop future budgets for operations and capital projects.
- Be an active and supportive member of the Snow Mountain Ranch management team
- Able to read, write, and verbally communicate fluently in English.
- Demonstrated managerial skills with at least five years’ experience with housekeeping & laundry functions at a large hotel or resort.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Minimum of 5+ years of housekeeping management experience in a high volume operation.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.