Housekeeping Linen Van Driver
The Housekeeping Linen Van Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently transporting Housekeeping crews to cleaning locations throughout Snow Mountain Ranch. The staff member in this role also delivers and picks up linens, towels and other supplies to cabins and lodges, organizes supply closets and performs general laundry functions, such as folding laundry, on a daily basis.
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Safely operate SMR vans or trucks and transport Housekeeping crews throughout the property.
- Ensure on a daily basis that the vehicle being operated is in good working condition and properly maintained.
- Transport dirty linen to laundry and replaces empty laundry carts in lodge storage closets.
- Stock lodge supply closets and provides Housekeepers with linens and rags.
- Conducts inventories of lodge linen supplies to assess restocking needs.
- Transports laundry to and from cabins as needed.
- Operate washers and driers at proper time, temperature and load cycle settings.
- Assist commercial laundry attendants with the folding of linens.
- Serve customers at the linen exchange door.
- Work with various types of cleaning chemicals
- Report all instances of poor work ethic, sleeping on the job, unsafe practices, etc. to the Housekeeping Manager.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate the ability to speak, understand and write English.
- Ability to work independently and to be self-directed.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. 3 off the ground.
- Must be able to get in and out of a vehicle throughout the workday.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must possess physical stamina to walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the work day and to go up and down stairways repeated.
- Must be able to get in and out of vehicles many times during each shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and kneel repeatedly throughout the workday.
- Must possess physical stamina to work in warm/hot environment throughout the workday.
- Must possess physical strength to lift up to 30lbs repeatedly throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work effectively in a noisy and fast paced environment.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.