Job Title: Housekeeping Logistics Manager-EPC Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 1/2021
Reports to: Housekeeping Director
Leadership Level: Multi-Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 150,000 guests annually. The Housekeeping Logistics Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing the daily communications within the Housekeeping Department. They Housekeeping Logistics Manager will work with the seasonal staff to ensure cleanliness and timeliness of all guest accommodations. The Housekeeping Logistics Manager must also maintain a functional, clean and organized office/reception area, oversee Lost and Found, Dish room and break area and communicate needs to the Housekeeping Director.
Salary Range: $38,000-$43,000
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Bi-lingual skills preferred.
* Work alongside the Human Resources team to ensure proper seasonal staff numbers are met.
* Oversee onboarding process of all seasonal staff.
* Create cleaning procedures, train and work with seasonal housekeeping staff members to ensure procedures are efficient and effective.
* Coach and mentor seasonal staff to gain valuable life skills.
* Complete all Human Resources documentation, including but not limited to, PAF’s and evaluations.
* Communicate with crew leaders to identify areas of improvement and efficiency amongst the seasonal staff.
* Ensure that accommodation cleaning standards are met by evaluating performance of seasonal housekeeping crew members.
* Report cleaning trends to Housekeeping Director.
* Use long term forecasting tools and communicate staffing needs to the Housekeeping Director.
* Manage daily office tasks.
* Monitor, update room status and move cleaning crews based on arrival reporting.
* Oversee and ensure efficient operations of lost and found and dish room; reports issues and needs in these areas to the Housekeeping Director.
* Actively track, monitor and coordinate shipping of items in lost and found.
* Actively coordinate with other departments regarding lost and found procedures.
* Ensure chemicals, biohazards and machinery are used safely according to established procedures.
* Assists with Housekeeping Director responsibilities as needed.
* Two years of Management experience in the hospitality industry or other related industry.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must possess physical stamina to walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the work day.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, and kneel repeatedly throughout the workday.
* Must possess physical stamina to work in warm/hot environment throughout the workday.
* Must possess physical strength to lift up to 30lbs repeatedly throughout the workday.
* Must be able to work effectively in a noisy and fast paced environment.
* Must be able to work weekends and Holidays.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.