The Housekeeper is responsible for having assigned cabins and lodge rooms cleaned by check-in time and to meet the expectations of the supervisors and guests.
Housekeeper Essential Functions / Requirements:
Clean cabins and lodge rooms
Clean lobbies and public areas
Must be able to take direction and work independently
Efficiently clean guest accommodations including the following tasks: clean fireplaces, vacuum and dust, strip linens and make beds, wash windows, clean toilets, sinks and showers, empty trash, mop and sweep floors, and clean ovens, etc.
Work with various types of cleaning chemicals
Complete maid service in required rooms
Lift and carry up to 50 lbs
Laundry Attendant Essential Functions / Requirements:
Sort, fold, shrink-wrap, and stack laundry
Load and empty washers and driers
Operate washers and driers at proper time, temperature, and cycle settings
Serve customers at the linen exchange door
Assist with Linen Driver functions; transports laundry to guest accommodations
Follow safe practices while handling chemicals, biohazards, and machinery
Move, replace, and connect laundry chemical drums using a wheel dolly
Maintain and repair window coverings in guest accommodations as needed
Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Other Functions / Requirements:
Ensure all Laundry and Housekeeping areas are cleaned before leaving at the end of the day
Assist with Housekeeper or Laundry Attendant functions as needed
All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Three uniform shirts will be provided for you. You need to provide/wear your own comfortable, closed-toe solid color sneakers/shoes and black pants or khakis. Sweatpants, jeans, shorts or yoga type pants will not be permitted.
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty..
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
WHAT WE OFFER:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available:
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts include:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities and activities which include but are not limited to: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, archery, ice skating, disc golf, mini-golf, climbing wall, library, bonfire rings, craft shop and more. For the most current activity guides please click here: Estes Park Center / Snow Mountain Ranch
* Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and/or golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Staff Experience Team
* Lodging Discount Nights at either YMCA of the Rockies location, $25 per room per night, based on availability
* Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Discounts at on site General Store/Gift Shop, Rustic Café/Buckboard Grill, and Jackson/Snow Mountain Stables
- Discounts at local merchants
- Shuttles for staff without vehicles based on season and availability for groceries, doctor, trips to town
- Cleaning supplies/equipment, linens and paper products provided/available for use
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.