Housekeeping - Staff
*Based on Center needs, you may be required to work at both Estes Park Center & Snow Mountain Ranch*
Between now and September 30, 2020, we are cutting our room & board fees in half! Because your safety is important to us, we are offering single rooms to all seasonal employees and volunteers who elect to live on-grounds with us. Cleaning materials for dormitories will be provided by the Resident Life and Human Resources Office, and masks will be required inside all public places. We are also increasing our minimum wage to those living off-grounds from $12 to $15! Join us this season to earn the fall rewards or extend into the winter season and experience the priceless perks of working in the Rockies!
Job Title: Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Reports to: Crew Leader
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world.
At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of
individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
The Housekeeper is responsible for having assigned cabins and lodge rooms cleaned by check-in time and to meet the expectations of the supervisors and guests.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Housekeeper Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Clean cabins and lodge rooms
* Clean lobbies and public areas
* Work on a crew with 3-5 co-workers
* Efficiently clean guest accommodations including the following tasks: clean fireplaces, vacuum and dust, strip linens and make beds, wash windows, clean toilets, sinks and showers, empty trash, mop and sweep floors, and clean ovens, etc.
* Work with various types of cleaning chemicals
* Complete maid service in required rooms
* Lift and carry up to 50 lbs
Laundry Attendant Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Sort, fold, shrink-wrap, and stack laundry
* Load and empty washers and driers
* Operate washers and driers at proper time, temperature, and cycle settings
* Serve customers at the linen exchange door
* Assist with Linen Driver functions; transports laundry to guest accommodations
* Follow safe practices while handling chemicals, biohazards, and machinery
* Move, replace, and connect laundry chemical drums using a wheel dolly
* Maintain and repair window coverings in guest accommodations as needed
* Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
What we offer our Housekeeping Staff:
This is a seasonal position with a pay rate of $12.00/hour (based on 40 hours/week) position including:
- Room & Board Agreements
- Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
- Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Other Functions / Requirements:
* Ensure all Laundry and Housekeeping areas are cleaned before leaving at the end of the day
* Assist with Housekeeper or Laundry Attendant functions as needed
* All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.