POSITION SUMMARY: Key leader within 20-60 person Housekeeping staff aboard premier Rocky Mountain resort. Along with Director and three other supervisors, contribute to the success of the team by completing and / or overseeing numerous tasks associated with leadership, training, commercial laundry, housekeeping, and inspections. Resort has four lodges, over 70 cabins, a gymnasium, numerous activity buildings, and several conference rooms.
Reports To: Housekeeping Director
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be highly motivated and effective to lead others and to develop subordinates. The YMCA of the Rockies sponsors several internships, seasonal workers, international student workers, and gap-year students. Supervisors must be committed to exemplifying the qualities of patience, kindness, integrity, high energy, accountability, teamwork, and professionalism. Leadership by personal example is a must.
- Complete and / or oversee commercial laundry responsibilities after completing qualification process (no previous experience necessary). Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds repeatedly when working in laundry. Will be exposed to common laundry chemicals.
- Complete and / or oversee housekeeping duties and inspections of facilities after completing qualification process (no previous experience necessary). Supervisors and housekeepers spend a large portion of the day walking, climbing stairs, lifting up to 40 pounds (laundry bags / supplies), and completing manual labor.
- Must be 21 years old and have a valid United States drivers license, along with the ability to obtain a YMCA van driver’s license.
- Basic mechanical or construction skills preferred, but not mandatory. Housekeeping supervisors occasionally fix broken shelving, assemble new materials, and complete basic maintenance on laundry machines. Housekeeping supervisors operate and teach staff how to use industrial carpet cleaners.
- Must be available to work most weekends and holidays.
- Resort is located in a mountainous environment at nearly 9,000 feet elevation. Basic physical fitness and ability to work in varying / extreme weather conditions is required.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
OTHER FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
This is a full-time, year-round, hourly position paying $14/hour with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call Kathy Mead at 970-887-2152 ext. 4013, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Snow Mountain Ranch
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time